Frequently Asked Questions
How much does counselling cost?
- Counselling fees are $220 per 50 minute session for individuals, couples and families.
- Fees are based on the recommendations of the Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA)
Can I claim my counselling fees through my extended health insurance benefits?
- You may be able to claim your counselling sessions through your extended health insurance. Be sure to contact your insurance provider or check your coverage booklet to see if there is coverage for a Registered Psychologist
How can I pay for my counselling sessions?
- Payment for in-person sessions may be made by cash, credit card, debit card, or e-transfer. Online sessions may be paid by e-transfer. Fees are due after each counselling session. Subsequent sessions will not be booked until fees are paid.
I am in Couples counselling. Can I tell my counsellor something that I have never told my partner?
- Only tell me information that you want to include as part of your counselling experience. I will not keep secrets from your partner, but I will help you share information with them when you are ready.
Does counselling really work?
- Counselling does work, but it is not a passive process. It takes effort and investment on the part of the therapist and the individual client. The people that have the most success with counselling have wanted to improve their lives and have matched with a counsellor they genuinely connect with.